CBD has become a popular supplement in the health and wellness industry. Because our bodies produce similar compounds to CBD your body responds to it remarkably well. This is probably why hemp has been used for thousands of years. Science is proving CBD has benefits for everything from inflammation, anxiety, and depression to insomnia, chronic pain, and more. But how does dieting with CBD work for those trying to lose weight? Keep reading for answers, or order your CBD now and get to better health sooner, better yet, subscribe and save on the journey too.
- The Science behind how CBD
- Research on CBD and Dieting
- Is CBD Safe?
- How CBD can help with Weight Loss
- RVD on Working out with CBD
- RVD and Nutrition
Uncover the Skinny on CBD Dieting
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a cannabis compound that’s been used for centuries to treat various ailments related to obesity. These compounds are unique to cannabis plants, marijuana, and hemp. That means they are not found in any other known plant species. Recently it’s become a hot topic of conversation among people interested in dieting and weight loss. Why?
CBD compounds, called cannabinoids, interact with receptors throughout your body, as part of the Endocannabinoid System (ECS). These receptors help regulate things like mood, sleep, and appetite. That sounds key, right?
So, let’s talk about how CBD can help you lose weight. CBD is not a miracle diet pill. It won’t just melt away fat and make your body look like something out of an Instagram Ad. It’s not going to make your stomach disappear or give you perfect abs in two weeks flat. But that doesn’t mean CBD isn’t useful for weight loss—it just needs to be used as part of a healthy lifestyle that includes exercise and healthy eating habits. CBD can help you achieve your optimal body performance called homeostasis.
How Dieting with CBD Can Help Improve Weight Loss
CBD is great for reducing pain and inflammation caused by injury or illness, but its most exciting benefits are found when it comes to your mood and overall health like weight control. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure—if CBD helps prevent an illness, injury, or excess stored fat from happening in the first place, then that’s even better!
Remember that success is 50% mental, 40% action, and 10% opportunity. Don’t let how you think or feel keep you from where you want to go. Remember, it doesn’t matter how fast or slow your workout is, the only bad workout is the one that doesn’t happen.
That said, there are many reasons why CBD might be useful to you in your weight loss journey:
- It can help relax muscles so they’re less likely to ache after exercise—and keep them from getting tight before workouts!
- It can help improve sleep quality so you wake up recharged instead of feeling groggy all day long . . . which could help reduce stress levels that make us eat more than we need!
- Taking supplements containing the specific cannabinoid CBD, aka cannabidiol, may decrease one’s appetite while increasing their energy levels at the same time! This leads some people who have struggled with obesity issues over many years to become healthier.
Will I Have to Work Out While Taking CBD?
While you don’t have to work out to receive CBD benefits, exercising and strengthening your muscles are as important to good health. The CDC recommends, 150 minutes of cardio a week and at least 2 days of strength workouts, and for older people, yoga or balance exercises to maintain core strength to avoid falls. RVD would also add, stretching to keep your muscles limber and reduce injuries. CBD can help you work out harder, longer, and recover faster, which is RVD’s philosophy for workouts.
2 CBD Secrets to Dieting Success
- When you’re trying to burn calories and build muscle, it’s important to have the right mindset. CBD can help with that by improving your focus on your workout and reducing anxiety about the pain of working out.
- CBD also has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce soreness from rigorous activity—especially if it’s done while balancing an active lifestyle with a healthy diet plan (which we’ll talk about next).
From his teenage years until now, RVD has always been focused on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. That includes fitness, nutrition, and maintaining a mental and emotional balance. You have to keep that focus to look and perform as he does at 51. That’s right, he’s 51 and moves and recovers like a 21-year-old in top shape. How? CBD!
RVD’s Tips on How to Take CBD for Weight Loss
CBD should be taken daily to receive the maximum benefits possible. You can take CBD as a gummy with your vitamins in the morning, you can drop a few tincture drops under your tongue or add it to your coffee or tea (once it cools). There are many ways to take your CBD, and some are better than others. Click here for RVD’s advice on how to take CBD, or here to find out which CBD product is best for you.
“I mostly try to eat 50 grams of protein each intake, 6 or 7 times a day. Half of which is powder, [and] I don’t snack in between very much. [Plus,] I avoid fat and junk.”
But no matter how you take it, if you fuel your body with junk, you won’t feel your best. Nutrition and exercise are key to unlocking weight loss and good health. RVD likes to keep it simple because he’s always on the go. That’s why most—if not all of his meals—are from the Trifecta Meal System. However, not all of you can afford prepackaged meals. So, stick to a simple whole foods diet like the Keto diet, which is high in protein and good fats, low in bad fats, and moderate with carb consumption.
Research to Back Up CBD Dieting Claims
As of now, there isn’t a ton of research on CBD and weight loss. However, there are some studies that show promise.
- One study found that CBD may help with weight loss by reducing cravings. In this study, participants who had used CBD reported feeling less hungry when they were exposed to food images than those who hadn’t used it.
- Another study showed that when given before eating a meal containing high-fat foods, CBD reduced the amount of fat absorbed by the body. This is key because many people develop insulin resistance in response to excess carbs or fats—and insulin resistance can lead to obesity!
- Another study found that cannabidiol (CBD) reduces inflammation caused by obesity-related diseases like type 2 diabetes and heart disease—which means your body will be able to receive more nutrients from food due to its ability to process them properly!
There’s no question CBD can supplement your weight loss journey along with healthy eating and exercise. So what are the benefits?
CBD Dieting Benefits
- It helps suppress your appetite
- It lowers stress levels, which can make you less likely to binge eat when stressed out
- It increases serotonin levels in the brain, which makes you feel happier and calmer (and less likely to overeat)
- It boosts the fat conversion from white (the stored fat) to brown (the metabolizing good fat)
- Little to no calories
- RVDCBD is made with 2 ingredients: the cannabis, and a healthy brown fat to help absorb the CBD more effectively
Is CBD Safe?
CBD is not a controlled substance, meaning it’s not regulated by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA). This means you can buy and use CBD in any amount without needing a prescription or any other special requirements. However, RVDCBD highly recommends you use it with care and caution. It is a substance after all. RVDCBD also recommends you check with your healthcare provider before use to avoid any medication interactions. There are some clinics, like Healthy Solution Wellness Boutique that will help you figure out if CBD interacts with your medications.
Also, be aware, there are some side effects associated with CBD. But they’re rare and mild. Studies show that CBD has fewer side effects than many pharmaceutical drugs! Some of the most common reported side effects include dry mouth, nausea, and diarrhea.
Hopefully, we’ve given you some great tips to get started on your CBD weight loss journey. Remember that everybody is different and what works for one person may not be the best option for another. So, if you are considering trying this supplement, talk to your doctor and see if it is right for you!
Also, remember, there are no miracle pills for weightless and good health. The key to feeling your best is in your hands with nutrition, exercise (whatever you can do), CBD, and attitude—believe you can do it, and you’re already halfway there! So, get your CBD today, and get back to your best self in mind and body, like RVD!