As cannabis scientific studies expand and multiply, research is proving there are more and more cannabis benefits. Some of those benefits are specific to the entourage effect found in organic flower, which contains THC. THC has also been found to boost relief of pain, anxiety, PTSD, and other mental health issues. For more info on THC, click here. However, not everyone wants to smoke. We’ve put together a few recipes and tricks for the nonsmoker, so you have options with the RVDCBD full-spectrum smokable products. Find out how to bake with CBD, try tea, or a smoothie all with full-spectrum goodness.
Full-spectrum CBD Baking
When it comes to cannabis and baking there are a few general rules to remember. First, heat is not CBD’s friend. Heat will destroy the precious cannabinoids and have no benefits. So, it’s important to keep the heat below 320 degrees. Second, because CBD is an oil, it needs to be mixed or cooked with oil, so it will absorb better in your body. Third, remember digesting CBD takes longer to absorb into your body, so don’t panic if you’re not feeling the effects in 5-10 minutes. Last and most important, be careful what you mix with CBD. Not everything meshes with CBD, especially alcohol. To help you save money try and avoid using your drops, and use this:
CBD Olive Oil
Things you’ll need:
- Baking dish with lid
- Raw Hemp Flower
- Extra Virgin Olive oil (coconut oil works too)
- Fine mesh sieve
- Dark-colored container for storing
Some websites will tell you to buy a decarboxylation machine to ensure the temperature stays the same, and you can. Science is on their side. You will get more from your CBD if you do, but an oven and a baking dish with a lid can hold the temperature well enough. First, preheat your oven to 245 degrees. Use convection if you have it. This will distribute the heat evenly. Second, place your hemp in the baking dish and cover. Bake for 90 minutes to ensure all or most of the CBD has been activated. Third, remove the dish from the oven and pour the oil into the dish and cover, and let it cool. Fourth, pour the oil and hemp through a fine-mesh sieve into a dark-colored container for storage. Why a dark container, UV light will break down your CBD. Store your oil in a dark place. It should be good for 2 months. Happy Baking!
Full-Spectrum CBD TEA
Nearly every CBD company out there has jumped on the wagon and they’re creating CBD this and CBD that, but all you really need are the basics: tincture, topical, and flower. We’ll throw in gummies with the basics because making homemade candy can be time-consuming and why mess with something already tested and five-star approved by our customers. So, before you run out and buy a million different CBD Teas from a million different brands, PAUSE! Grab your favorite tea and add a steaming ball with raw flowers. Why reinvent the wheel? You can get two stainless steel mesh tea balls to strain your tea from any online company for roughly five bucks. Bags and boxes of remade cannabis-infused tea run anywhere from ten dollars plus shipping to an average of twenty dollars. Save some money and use your CBD Flower with your variety of favorite teas.
TEA: Coconut & Lime CBD On Ice
- Start with 2 of your favorite Black Teabags
- 3 cups of coconut water
- ½ of a lime sliced thin
- Raw honey, or stevia to taste
- 1 large Mason Jar or pitcher
- Metal Tea balls
- CBD Flower of choice
- Throw your black teabags and sliced lime in the pitcher.
- Heat the coconut water to a low heat in a small saucepan, or microwave for two minutes, but try not to boil it, unless you like waiting for it to cool off.
- Pour the hot coconut water into the pitcher or mason jar with teabags and lime. Don’t forget to use a spatula or spoon to strain or gently squish out all the Black tea flavor before you remove the tea bags.
- Crush or grind your CBD flower and place it in your Metal Teal ball, bag, or steeping container of choice. Drop in your CBD-infused teabags and leave for roughly 15 minutes and remove.
- If you’re impatient, put your mason jar in a large bowl filled with ice and place it in the fridge. If not, without an ice bowel, cover it and leave it in the fridge between 3 to 4 hours. However, if you can endeavor some patience, the flavors mix better with time.
- When the tea is ready, pour it over a glass of ice and enjoy. If you want to fancy it up, add a lime slice or wedge on the glass edge, or even one of those cocktail umbrellas.
The Smooth-ie way to do Full-spectrum CBD
If nutrition and health are keys to your lifestyle, try this superfood smoothie. Nothing starts off your day like an energy-packed replacement meal. Not only does a smoothie help you lose weight, but you can also tailor the contents to your specific needs. For more information on healthy add-ins and other delicious smoothie recipes, click here.
- ½ C Greek Yogurt
- ½ C of Kale
- 2 Tbs Lime Juice
- ½ a ripened Avocado
- ½ C Spinach
- 1 Tbs Matcha powder
- handful of Cashews and/or Almonds
- 5 drops of RVDCBD Tincture or ½ C full-spectrum tea steeped and cooled
- 1 Tbs Chai Seeds
Share With RVD
Here at RVDCBD, we want to hear from you. What are your tried-and-true recipes? Ask your friends, your mom, your sister’s brother’s uncle’s girlfriend? Comment, like, and share. We’ll try them all because remember Rob’s motto is if he doesn’t like it we don’t share it. So, if we like it, we’ll feature you and your recipe. So don’t be shy, share and get your name and face in the whole F-ins show’s CBD recipe collection.